Why I Blog

by - February 20, 2018



I started this blog simply because I love to write. I love to write about stuff I am passionate about. I love to keep record of my life experiences. I love to dump random thoughts somewhere and someday be able to read about them. I love to have an outlet to express my feelings.

I didn't care about the number of readers back then cause all I thought that time was just me writing.
And even if my blog was just a dump of my musings in life, I did had readers that time.
And I was happy with that.

Then came all the pressure.

Earnings. Traffic. Statistics. Niche.

I feel like I had to make some major change for my blog for it to "become successful" - for it to belong with all the new blogs out there.

I decided on a niche, I changed the theme, I renamed my blog, I joined blogging groups - all just to feel that my blog belongs.

And then it made me realize that by deciding on a niche itself, I feel like I'm limiting myself from writing stuff that doesn't have to do with my niche.

I do receive comments but it's all because these people are required to comment. Though I am happy that they take time to read my posts, they would just forget about this all and won't probably come back here in my blog.

I want this to change.

I just want to be able to write freely again - without having to worry if this post would give me traffic or not.

For now, I am still unsure of which direction my blog should be taking. It's been 10 years (almost 11), and my blog is still work in progress. And I think it will continue to be a work in progress. :)

What I'm sure though is I want to continue writing.
To continue writing about the stuff I love, to write about my life experiences, to have someplace to dump random thoughts

Even if these things doesn't have anything to do with my niche. :)

You May Also Like

0 comments