A Day at Danasan Eco Adventure Park

by - May 14, 2015

I know this entry's really late, but I just can't seem to organize my thoughts as to how to start this. So please bear with me :p I will be writing a personal journal so expect lots of sidenotes!

We were given choices as to where we would like to have our team's first quarter activity. With options such as the beach, island hopping, overnights and all, Danasan won the majority's vote.

Let's just say that I'm one of those guys who opted to have the team building held at a beach rather than on some place where I-am-sure-everyone-would-go-on -separate-ways.
I was a bit skeptical about this outing, but I was also looking forward to what this would bring me.

We availed of one of the packages offered by Danasan Eco Adventure Park which includes two (2) adventure passes, one (1) free meal and shuttle service.



April 25 - I arrived at the assembly area by six in the morning. I skipped breakfast, thinking I could just order something via drive-thru.

Unfortunately, the van does not allow you to bring raw or cooked food inside. If you're so stubborn, you'll be charged with an additional fee. :P

Moving on, we departed at 7:30am. I planned to take a quick nap on the way but I was just so marveled at the sights that I stayed awake.


I easily get awed by anything natural.

I took a few photos but my phone camera cannot justify the beauty there is, so I stopped and just took my time looking at such scenery.


It is a long ride from Danao proper to Danasan so you might need to bring with you a lot of patience. And maybe just take some time appreciating the views God has allowed you to see.

And if ever you start worrying since it is taking an awful long time, there are road signs assuring you that you're not lost; you're not just there yet. (:



First glimpse of the park

We (first batch) finally reached the famous adventure park at 9:30am. While waiting for the rest to arrive, I took another batch of photos - which most of them just got deleted :P

A photo posted by Wandering Kiddo (@wanderingkiddo) on

Got no network signal but they've got strong wifi connection.








I also took this chance to eat breakfast.




I'm a big fan of chicken curry so I ordered COMBO # 1.
Unfortunately, the taste isn't to my liking.

A little amount of caffeine to stay awake ;p
The rest of the guys arrived 30 minutes later. We then proceeded to the information area where we decide what activities to take and what meal to eat for lunch.

I chose the Skydrop and Wakeboarding for my free adventure passes. For lunch, I chose combo # 3 (Grilled Pork Belly) with an additional order of Native Chicken Soup.

By 11am, we proceeded with our team building activities. We were allowed to have our games near the pool area.


Group shot (from Dea's cam; Go check her blog :D)

Because of time constraints, we only had two (2) team building activities - Face Paint where the group would paint their respective banners using the face, and Fact You where we get points every time we answer a question, or when we drink a spoonful of vinegar if we choose not to answer.


Yellow Team (from Dea's cam)

Pink Team (from Dea's cam)

THE WINNING TEAM FOR THE FACE PAINT :P
GREEN TEAM (from Dea's cam)

After the team building activities, we walked up to the resto area again to have our lunch.

Since I was a little disappointed with breakfast, I did not expect much for my lunch.
But the impression was totally different.
I loved the native chicken soup! ♥
I guess that's why it was considered their best seller. It is a must-try!

After we had our lunch, we then go on our own ways.

Every activity is located at different areas so we need to ride their service truck to get there.

Here's a map of the adventure park

My first activity was the Skydrop.

A photo posted by J Cyrel | Aya Byuu (@ayisharu) on

I'm really bad at measurements so I can't accurately tell how many meters high we were dropped off from. (comparison: 7th floor in UC Banilad, maybe? XD)

I may be scared of falling but I was so excited to try this one out.


A photo posted by J Cyrel | Aya Byuu (@ayisharu) on


I can't exactly describe how it feels when we were just dropped off like that so here's a YouTube video.

And here's another candid shot. :P

A photo posted by J Cyrel | Aya Byuu (@ayisharu) on


After my first activity, I was ready to try wakeboarding! But because of some persuasion of a couple teammates, I ended up also wanting to try their Trekking and Waterfalls Exploring activity. I was not forced, btw.

We rode back to the information area where we asked for advice from the staff as to what better option we should take. He said we could still make it in time if we go to the waterfalls first then come back and do the wakeboarding. It's already 3PM, by the way.

I then bought an additional adventure pass so that I could go directly to the wakeboarding activity after we will be done with the waterfalls trekking.

To get to the waterfalls, we need to ride on one of these.

A photo posted by J Cyrel | Aya Byuu (@ayisharu) on

The 20-minute ride to the waterfalls is one heck of an adventure itself.

A video posted by J Cyrel | Aya Byuu (@ayisharu) on

(Click here for another video)

The road gets more challenging on the way so we failed to take more pictures.

Upon reaching the destination point, we hiked our way to the falls.
It is said that there are three (3) levels of the waterfalls.

I was not able to take a photo of the first level, but here's level 2.

A photo posted by J Cyrel | Aya Byuu (@ayisharu) on

We took a dip in this level.

I know I keep on saying I love swimming and all. But I've always had this fear of not knowing what's in the water.

The water ain't exactly crystal clear so whenever I feel my legs touch something, I can't help but get so frantic about it. (Who knows, maybe it's a snake or something)
Luckily, those aren't snakes but just leaves.

We then requested our guide to take us to the third level. It's a bit far but if you're into long hikes, then it won't be a problem.

And tadaaan! Here it is.

A photo posted by J Cyrel | Aya Byuu (@ayisharu) on

And here's another video of the guys plunging into the water.

I asked the guide if there were instances where people got into accidents in the area. He mentioned there was one when a guest jumped off from the head of the falls. So yea, if you're planning to do that, you need to be careful.

I also asked of the supernatural and he just smiled with a little im-not-so-sure gesture. Another reason to be extra careful.

At 4pm, we hiked back up so we could still make it to the wakeboarding activity.
When we arrived, the truck we previously rode on was already full so we need to wait for another service.

So, pictures!



military truck arrived ten (10) minutes later to take us back to the adventure park proper.

It was already 5PM when we reached the wakeboarding area where we find our friends who were still waiting for their turns.

from Dea's cam

And another batch of our friends who used their adventure pass for ATV Trailing.

There they are!
(from Dea's cam)

I've never tried wakeboarding before so this will be another first for me. I have gone skimboarding but I guess this will be a very different experience. :)

So here's another group shot where I am getting pretty excited and a little impatient. xD

(from Dea's cam)

There were two lakes - the Beginner's Lake and the Advance Lake, where we chose the former.

We weren't expert wakeboarders so we have a lot of flops, but everyone looked so amazing on the board.

A photo posted by J Cyrel | Aya Byuu (@ayisharu) on

Here's a slideshow of me wakeboarding.

A video posted by J Cyrel | Aya Byuu (@ayisharu) on

And a photo of me falling off the board.

Told ya we're no expert xD
(from Dea's cam)

You could check here for another post by one of our teammates.

By 6pm, we started packing up our things and got ourselves ready for departure.

Photo taken before going home.
And oh, that photobomber over there? That's Wandering Feet. :D
Do check his blog out!

The road going back to Danao proper was pretty dark that I'd get to enjoy the light of the stars.
And I still haven't gotten any sleep.

And what did I get from this?
Muscle pains and dark skin!

But then, the experience was very fulfilling.
Plus, I got the chance to know and get closer with the rest of the team.

Danasan might not be my choice during the votation but I've definitely got no regrets in coming to this place.
Just awesome!

God bless!

Map from Oakridge Business Park to Danasan Eco Adventure Park
(Source: Google Map)

Rough draft I've been working on the whole trip



You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I miss this! I miss those days when we can go somewhere far and have our team outing. Bahalag walay tarong ang kaon padayon gihapon. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I miss these kinds of activities, too! It's been a while since I've been to an adventure park.

      Delete