3 Things People Say that Pregnant Women Secretly Find Annoying

by - April 17, 2017

Aha! You've been mislead! Well, actually you're not.

This is not really a post about things pregnant women find annoying. Well, in a way, it really is.

This is just a list of things people say that I - the pregnant me - find annoying. I am too busy/lazy to interview other pregnant women, so this will be from my personal list.

You know how pregnant women are, we tend to become overly sensitive and irrational and may take offense over anything you do or say to us. And if there's anyone or anything to blame, it's the hormones! I tell you!!! It's the hormones!!!

You should be more mindful of your actions and of what you say to us, pregnant women. Yes, ikaw mag-adjust bes! Hahaha!

Seriously, though, let's leave the rest of the pregnant women alone. Here are three things people say that I secretly find annoying.



"You look like you're ready to pop!"
I find this really annoying when people asks "When are you due?" and I'm like "Oh, it's going to be on the last week of June." and they'll immediately say "But you look like you're going to give birth any minute now. I'm sure you'll give birth before June."

Are you seriously wishing for me to give birth prematurely!?

"Are you sure you're not having twins?"
Though I've always wanted twins (boy and girl), I still find it annoying when people insists that I am having one.. err, two. Even if they know that I've already had ultrasound to check, they would be like "Maybe the other baby is hiding."

"You're not eating enough." / "You're eating too much."
I think some people have hormonal problems, too! They make sure to always find something wrong - like what's their problem with my eating habit, anyway?

Please let me eat in peace!

~ * ~

Don't worry if you happen to tell me these things before.
I am such a forgiving person that I just let it slide.

And if you will accidentally tell me the same things again in the future, I won't slap you. I won't get mad at you. You will not see me annoyed.

I will show you my usual angelic face (hahaha).

I may just have strangled you in my thoughts, though.
Kidding!

Xoxo,
Your annoyed pregnant friend

You May Also Like

25 comments

  1. Raise hands if you are guilty!!!
    *me raises two hands*
    I think I already died. in your thoughts though.. hahahaha
    Peace out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't kill you in my thoughts. You were just forced to eat some delicious pork steak! :D

      Yum yum yum!

      Delete
    2. I really liked your intro, swear, hahahaha! On a separate note, these things are noted :P

      Delete
  2. This is so light hearted serious post and most of the pregnant ladies can relate to it. Thankfully, I was not bombarded by such questions may be because I chose to hide away from n number of people during my pregnancy and decided to stay only with my loved ones 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so true! Especially the you're ready to pop one. When I was pregnant I was due in January and in like November someone told me that I had dropped and the baby was coming soon. I was fuming!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. So right. What is it with saying oh you will deliver before your due date. Why do people wish for a child to arrive before it is time. I want to see their medical degress first of all. ahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha. I can relate to these. People pointed out my belly around my due date and said, your belly is still high, another week to go till you go into labour :( And I delivered in two days :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehehehe that was a real fun read. I too had been on the both side of the wall. I am guilty of asking prego ladies if they are expecting twins, and then karma bit me in the ass.....all these questions came back to me when I was expecting....heehehehe....learnt my lesson and now I be super considerate before uttering anything to soon to be moms... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha... so number 2 did happen with me and I was just like whhhaaaatttt!!! ;) This post totally brought back some memories from my pregnancy but this time, I'm having a good laugh instead of crying out - Its the hormones!!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha... yeah, I have heard them twice over �� the worst is after delivery they will ask when are you planning next.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha..I know how it feels. These questions make you feel like others are more worried for you than your own family. I guess just ignoring themvand smiling is the best but can't help with pregnancy hormones. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you have awesome sense of humor. You have put across such serious points in such humorous way that one will never forget or repeat mistake... EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha.. can very well related to all these points as I am now expecting my second baby. Been going all through this for quite sometime. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. He he! so till the seventh month my belly didn't show up, and people used to ask me are you even having your meals properly>>??aargh sometime it just used to get on me

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Are you sure you're not having twins?" In what world is that acceptable? People, think through your words and actions! If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The eating comments always bothered me. I never got really huge with any of my pregnancies and I was constantly being asked if I was eating enough. Just because I'm not shoving donuts in my face 24/7 doesn't mean I'm not getting good nutrition SMH

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh i hate the "are you sure you're not having twins?" No- I was fat to begin with and i'm growing a human- go away! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! I completely agree! I hated these during my pregnancies. You wouldn't dream of commenting on someone's size usually, why does becoming pregnant make you fair game?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Someone once told me, when I was all dressed up and waddling around a wedding, that she could tell my baby had dropped and I'd be going into labor soon. Then she started to discuss my cervix in mixed company. Sheesh people! Come on! And just FYI that baby didn't come out for another two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I also get annoyed at how people suddenly become experts at pregnancy 😂

      Delete
  18. This is hilarious ~ can i please share on www.facebook.com/beyondmaternal ?

    ReplyDelete
  19. It definitely gets annoying when you still have a few weeks to go and people start cracking jokes about how big you look!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL i'm glad I didn't hear these when I was pregnant because I had no filter when I was pregnant and something nasty would've came out lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree how pregnant women can be really sensitive. I can relate since I also did a similar post http://www.timeswithkai.com/wtf-questions-statements-women-get-pregnancy-after-during

    ReplyDelete