Doctor Who: Quotes by the Twelfth

by - April 05, 2017

Heya guys!! Doctor Who returns on April 15th which pretty much leaves me quite excited!! Except that I'll miss Clara, and that I'll have to accept the fact that there's going to be a new companion for the Doctor.

For those who are not familiar with the show, Doctor Who is a sci-fi TV series about a time traveler called the Doctor who constantly travels through time and space using a time machine that looks like a blue police box. The Doctor is a Time Lord, and he is (sadly) the last of his kind.

FUN FACT: I don't like Sci-Fi movies. So it's kind of weird (and geeky) for me to love the series.


Actually, I wanted to make a "Why You Should Watch Doctor Who" post, but I don't want to sound like I'm imposing something on my dear readers. I also wanted to write about the things I love about the series, but I don't know how to do that without spoiling anything.

So just to make things simple, I am listing down some of the quotes that I find memorable (and well, funny) in Doctor Who.

Source: Sobering Thoughts
These are quoted by the Twelfth Doctor, by the way - the latest regeneration as of writing. (This list will be an awfully long read if I would include all the regeneration! Haha)
Bold ones are my personal favorites.

Doctor:  I'm the Doctor. I've lived for over two thousand years, and not all of them were good. I've made many mistakes, and it's about time I did something about that. Clara, I'm not your boyfriend.
Clara: I never thought you were.
Doctor: I never said it was your mistake.
- Deep Breath [Season 8 Episode 1]

Image Source: Tumblr
"You can't see me, can you? You… you look at me and you can't see me. Do you have any idea what that's like? I'm not on the phone, I'm right here. Standing in front of you. Please, just… Just see me." - Deep Breath [S8E1]

Doctor: This is Clara. Not my assistant. She's… er… some other word.
Clara: I'm his carer.
Doctor: Yeah, my carer. She cares so I don't have to.
- Into the Dalek [S8E2]

"Old-fashioned heroes only exist in old-fashioned storybooks, Clara." - Robot of Sherwood [S8E3]

Source: Very Nerdy Curly

"He's not real… He's a legend!" - Robot of Sherwood [S8E3]

"Let me tell you about scared. Your heart is beating so hard -- I can feel it through your hands! There's so much blood and oxygen pumping through your brain, it's like rocket fuel. Right now, you could run faster and you could fight harder. You can jump higher than ever in your life. And you are so alert, it's like you can slow down time. What's wrong with scared? Scared is a super power! It's your super power!" - Listen [S8E4]

"Don't be so pessimistic. It'll affect team morale." - Time Heist [S8E5]

"You want to know what's in that box? I'll tell you what's in that box! It's a Time Machine! It also travels in space! And it usually contains a man who just wants to get on with his work of preventing the end of the world — but keeps on getting interrupted by boring little humans!" - The Caretaker [S8E6]

"Essentially what I knew was: you would always make the best choice. I had faith that you'd always make the right choice." - Kill the Moon [S8E7]

Image Source: Tumblr
"It's the sad smile. It's a smile but you're sad. It's like two emotions at once. It's like you're malfunctioning." - Mummy on the Orient Express [S8E8]

"Sometimes the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose." - Mummy on the Orient Express [S8E8]

"Your last painting saved the world. I can't wait to see what you do next." - Flatline [S8E9]

"You've been chopping them [trees] down for furniture for centuries. If that's love, no wonder they're calling down fire from the heavens." - In the Forest of the Night [S8E10]

"It’s the human superpower: forgetting. If you remembered how things felt, you’d have stopped having wars. And stopped having babies." - In the Forest of the Night [S8E10]

Image Source: Mundane Spritiuality
Doctor: You betrayed me. You betrayed my trust, you betrayed our friendship, you betrayed everything I ever stood for. You let me down!
Clara: Then why are you helping me?
Doctor: Why? Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference?
- Dark Water [S8E11]

"Pain is a gift. Without the capacity for pain, we can't feel the hurt we inflict." -  Death in Heaven [S8E12]

"I am not a good man! And I'm not a bad man either. I'm not a hero. I'm definitely not a president, and no, I'm not an officer. You know who I am? I… am… an idiot! With a box and a screwdriver. Passing through. Helping out. Learning. I don't need an army. I never have. Because I've got them, always them, because love is not an emotion. Love is a promise, and he will never hurt her. P.E. [to Danny], catch!" - Death in Heaven [S8E12]

Image Source: Tumblr
"Never trust a hug. It's just a way of hiding your face." - Death in Heaven [S8E12]

Doctor: Do you know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart?
Ashley: What?
Doctor: They're both ridiculous.
- Last Christmas [Christmas Special 2014]

Image Source: Hypable
"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!" - Last Christmas [Christmas Special 2014]

"Your chances of survival are about one in a thousand. So here's what you do. You forget the thousand, and you concentrate on the one." - The Magician's Apprentice [S9E1]

"So who's in charge now? I need to know who to ignore." - Under the Lake [S9E3]

"That's the thing about knowing you're going to die: You've got nothing left to lose!" - Before the Flood [S9E4]

"People talk about premonition as if it's something strange. It's not. It's just remembering in the wrong direction." - The Girl Who Died [S9E5]

"I'm the Doctor, and I save people. And if anyone happens to be listening, and you've got any kind of a problem with that, to hell with you!" - The Girl Who Died [S9E5]

"Immortality isn't living forever, that's not what it feels like. Immortality is everyone else dying." - The Girl Who Died [S9E5]

Image Source: Head Over Heels
"If you intend any harm to this planet or its people, then killing me is by far your best move." - The Woman Who Lived [S9E6]

"I saved your life. I didn't know that your heart would rust because I kept it beating. I didn't think your conscience would need renewing, that the well of human kindness would run dry. I just wanted to save a terrified young woman's life." - The Woman Who Lived [S9E6]

"People like us, we go on too long. We forget what matters. The last thing we need is each other." - The Woman Who Lived [S9E6]
Image Source: Tumblr
"You just want cruelty to beget cruelty. You’re not superior to people who were cruel to you, you’re just a whole bunch of new cruel people. A whole bunch of new cruel people being cruel to some other people, who’ll end up being cruel to you. The only way anyone can live in peace is if they’re prepared to forgive. Why don't you break the cycle?" - The Zygon Inversion [Season 9 Episode 8]

"What's the point of being a Doctor if I can't cure you?" - Face the Raven [S9E10]

"You'll find that it's a very small universe when I'm angry with you." - Face the Raven [S9E10]

"It's funny, the day you lose someone isn't the worst. At least you've got something to do. It's all the days they stay dead." - Heaven Sent [S9E11]

Image Source: Tumblr
"Nothing's sad till it's over. Then everything is." - Hell Bent [S9E12]

"When something goes missing, you can always recreate it by the hole it left." - Hell Bent [S9E12]

"Times end, River, because they have to. Because there's no such thing as happy ever after. It's just a lie we tell ourselves because the truth is so hard." - The Husbands of River Song [Christmas Special 2015]

"With great power comes great responsibility. No 'man' worthy of the title leaves a baby alone." - The Return of Doctor Mysterio [Christmas Special 2016]

Got anything to add?
Which quote is your favorite?

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Here's another one:
    "Never trust a hug, it's just a way of hiding your face."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes!! I love that one, too! Can't believe I forgot it. I'll update the list. Hihi. Please add more!!! Hahah! Thanks, Lucky Fangirl!

      Delete