Toddler Essentials: What to Bring on a Typical Day Out

by - November 21, 2016

Going out of Never Land has offered me lots of challenges and responsibilities. And one of those responsibilities is to have a little child who would mean the world to me.

As a parent of a toddler, every time we decide to have a nice walk outdoors or even a quick stroll at the mall, it is very important to make sure that we bring everything we nee-..
uhm.. Let me rephrase that. *coughs*
It is very important to make sure that we bring everything our little girl needs.

For the first few months of being a parent, going out of the house has become stressful for me especially since I have to carry double of what I usually bring. I felt like I needed to bring everything! From diapers to clothes to sleeping mats and pillows... well yea. Basically, if I could just bring the whole house just to make sure I don't forget anything, I would.



Now that little Akisa isn't so little anymore, I learned that I need not bring the whole closet. I just have to carefully think what stuffs are really necessary.

Here is my own personal list of things to bring on a typical day out with a toddler.

Diapers

It is very important to bring an extra pair of diapers because you'll never know when they would feel the need to answer nature's call. As for me, I've been really lucky since my little girl really does her business at home. 😊 But sometimes, if it's a long day out, it's really necessary to change her diapers since this could cause rashes and irritation.

I used to bring five or six extra diapers but then I never really used that much. So now I'm just bringing two or three.

Milk, water and baby bottle

Since Akee still drinks milk, I had to prepare three (3) servings of milk, and of course her baby bottle. Some kids prefer their milk warm. I'm lucky *again* that Akee is fine with lukewarm milk. There are times I don't bring water, though, because it is additional weight. But I would buy one outside. Well.. yea, it's kinda confusing since buying outside still does give additional things to carry but whatever. 😀

Bib or small hanky

Toddlers can be very messy during mealtime so thank God for bibs and hankies! 😀

Wet wipes

Very useful especially during changing of diapers.
And in the absence of a bib or a hanky, wet wipes will do.😉

Extra clothes

Kids are full of energy. They could be very active and tend to get dirty easily or would sweat a lot so it would be a good idea to bring extra clothes. As for me, I would only bring extra clothes when it's going to be a long day out or when I'm pretty sure that little Akisa's going to get dirty or sweaty at some point (ie. we're going somewhere I'm sure she'll be running around).

That's it! Those are the stuffs I'd bring on a day out with little Akee.

Wait! How about a baby stroller?

Well, we used to bring a baby stroller with us but now we have decided NOT to anymore. Why? Simply because Akee doesn't want to ride on it. She loves to walk! And it's a hassle looking for elevators and ramps because it would be unsafe to have the stroller on escalators.

What about you? What important things do you bring on your day out with your toddler? 
I'd love to hear from you. 😊 Feel free to leave a message on the comments section below.

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. I used to babysit some of my cousin's kids before. Whenever we go out, I always make sure I have some spare money with me for emergency purposes. And by emergency purposes, I meant food. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! And food does help calm kids who are throwing tantrums. Food is life!

      Delete
  2. Awww <3 so cute your baby haha and Akisa is a cute and unique name :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gene! :) Yes para dili ma`hit sa NBI XD

      Delete
  3. Great tips! Will remember to do these when I have a child na ;)

    -GoodFoodTrips-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also when someone asks you to take their kids out. XD Haha!
      I had a friend who had to babysit her nephew and she didn't bring some diapers. Luckily, I bought lots of extra! :D

      Delete
  4. Really can't relate because I'm the youngest in the family and usually my elder cousins take care of their own children. However, these are great tips for em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your cousins may have their own list, too :D
      It really depends on the child. But if you're asked to babysit for them, at least you'll have an idea what to bring. :D

      Delete
  5. Oooh how timely! My sister and I are going on a trip with my baby and toddler cousins next month. :)

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! But I think this list isn't enough if you're going on an out-of-town trip :)

      Have a safe trip to you and the kids :D

      Delete