How I Got Over My Last Heartache

by - October 17, 2016

I am writing this because I know there are a lot of people out there whose hearts got broken.

I know it isn't easy to move on just like everyone is telling you to do. I don't even want to compare each heartache. Your pain is not lesser than your friend's or theirs lesser than yours.

I hope to reach out to you in a way and make you feel that you're not alone. That you're not the only person who has gone through this. I know it's hard, but I'm sure you'll get over this.

Before I got to meet Mr. Kulot, I, too, have my share of heartaches. But I did get over them and I am living my life now with my significant other and a cute little daughter. :)

The day some guy left me, I was filled with so many questions.

"What did I do wrong?" "Did he ever loved me?" "Was I just used all this time?"

I feel I deserved to know the truth.

Days passed and I'm not even close to finding the answers. The worst part is I know this was coming, I was just in denial that it would. I forced myself to believe in a "love" that I know never existed.
There were nights I cried myself to sleep, woke up the next day hoping for a good morning message that never came.

I prayed to God, not to bring him back, but to give me enough strength to accept that we were not meant to be. I prayed for guidance and courage to get through this.

I lived my days improving myself.
I know I had to be better because I deserved much better.
That's when it struck me.

"What did I do wrong?" "Did he ever loved me?" "Was I just used all this time?"

These aren't the truths that I should be seeking for.

What I need to see is the truth of my worth.
The truth about what and who really mattered.

When I realized this truth, I was able to see my true value.
It wasn't really a loss. He just didn't deserve me. And I didn't deserve him.

I surrounded myself with people who truly cares. For the first time, I felt like I didn't have to beg for attention. I got promoted. I accomplished greater things.
And all these I got without him.

There were times I wanted to reach out  and tell him how well my life has been doing. But then, there's really no need to do that because he is not a part of it, anymore.

All I could do now to get even with the past is to be better and to always turn to God.
I thanked Him because I know He's preparing me for someone so much better.

It took quite a while to remove him from my system but I eventually did.

Maybe God saw I was ready so He let me meet  Mr. Kulot. ☺

You see, I didn't just moved on with a snap of a finger. It didn't happen overnight. It is a process - a process of forgiveness, healing and moving forward. You don't really forget, you will just learn to accept and deal with the pain  until it hurts no more.

You may still be hurting today, but don't worry. You're not alone. Always talk to God and know that He always answers your prayers.

You're stronger than you think. You can get over this.
Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But someday you will.
Someday you will thank him/her for letting you go.

And that someday starts now. ☺

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Gian actually found the quickest solution to overcoming a heartache. He experienced a devastating breakup with his ex-wife who left him.

    He simply went to the gym and worked out. Not because it was a move-on mechanism, but because he wants to have a buff and muscled body. In a month's time, he was back to his happy self.

    Fitness is a real balm. Feeling and looking good will help overcome ALL problems. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have friends who also went to the gym after a heartbreak. Unfortunately, unlike Gian, they were more focused on forgetting their exes that they end up always thinking of them. They eventually stopped going to the gym in a few weeks. D:

      It is really important that you find your happiness within yourself :) and not depend it on others. :D
      I also went to the gym and you're right! Fitness is a real balm :)
      I had to stop though because another little one's on the way :D

      Delete